zaterdag 6 februari 2021

photos of Dutch Hussars and rebased Löwenstein-Wertheim jagers

Underneath a photo of a small unit (2 squadrons) of the Dutch hussar unit Huzaren Van der Hoop (1787-1794) which was renamed for the rest of the Revolutionary period as Huzaren van Timmermans.

These are Forgotten Glorius miniatures in 28mm. Sadly the firm is no longer with us.


The next pictures are from the 28mm Löwenstein-Wertheim jager unit which was hired by the Dutch States in 1794 until disbandment in 1795. As the Dutch were short of light troops they hired this unit.

Description shows them in helmet and in an early corsehut but I like the helmet as it shows their Bavarian origin and as their uniform resembles the early Würtemberg unifom very much I use Würtemberg miniatures.

I have these miniatures already shown, but they are now rebased.




 I also took some new pictures of my grenadiers





Let me know which you find the better pics



 

4 opmerkingen:

James Fisher zei

These look lovely too Jan. Hussars are always impressive and you have them looking really good. The new photos of the grenadiers show them much better. Beautiful painting.
Regards, James

Alde Garde zei

Hi james,
thanks for your comments. I think the second batch pictures look better. Now just remember how I took them

Phil zei

Wow, splendid figures and colors, excellent job!

Alde Garde zei

Phil, thanks for your kind words. As I don't think I am a good painter, I am lucky that as Alde Garde we like big tables and demos so at a distance the figures look good enough. As you probably have read, our Ca-ira blog is ending its life time and we are transferring the info and pictures to our sister blog "Aldegarde.blogspot.com). So we hope to see you there.
And when at the theme good figures, may I compliemnt you and your club with your great tables, figures and very nice After battle reports; always like them.
Greetings
Jan