donderdag 12 augustus 2010

Books (1)


After looking at figures (although figures will be added when available) let's take a look at some books for the French Revolution. The following books are the ones I have.

Starting with Funcken, Les Soldats de la revolution Francaise. I don't know if there is an English version, but even in French it is great. And You can see this also on line:  goto
http://www.darnault-mil.com/Galerie/N1_Revolution/N1_Revolution.html
The 18th century Funcken (2 volumes, I have them in French) only has some plates of revolutionary troops esp the early 1790 ones.
The Blandford: Uniforms of the French Revolutionary Wars by Philip Haythornthwaite was the first real FR book I owned; I loved the period immidiately. Sadly the cover is gone missing, so the first, title page, is shown.

                       
Some books which describes the French Revolution are:


Some books about the early campaigns (some in French). I myself like the Corporal's Brown book as it shows how many marching and counter marching was done in this period. Also it describes how the troops experienced very strong winter conditions as if it happens in Russia but it is in the eastern part of the Netherlands.  


Some other readily available books about early campaings in Germany and Southern France


Geen opmerkingen: